Do you have forms, pamphlets, publications or other products that one of your staff is managing off the corner of their desk? Do you find that it is taking more time than in the past.
Contact Sean Johnson at (250) 952-4008 for solutions on how we can provide this service for you and get your employees back to focusing on your core objectives.
Our expertise in providing customized services has allowed many government organizations to refocus resources on their core business activities.
The DCV has a variety of program support options and can also custom design a solution for your needs. Our services include:
- Procurement (tendering & purchasing).
- Inventory management.
- Warehousing and high security storage.
- Sales - charged either to the end user or the sponsoring program.
- Online electronic catalogue and ordering system customized for your clients (which can be set up to look like they are ordering from your site).
- Picking, packing & shipping orders.
- Systems generated reports to meet customer requirements.
DCV presently supports the following clients and more:
Ministry of Health
- Pamphlets for hospitals and doctors offices
Ministry of Attorney General Court Services
- Forms for police, RCMP and lawyers
BC Publications Services
- Warehousing, distribution, after sales support.
Open School BC
- Procurement, inventory management, warehousing, distribution and after sales support.
Ministry of Environment
- Procurement, inventory management, sales, warehousing and distribution of pesticide study materials and special waste management forms.
Managed Inventory Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Managed Inventory?
Inventory that the DCV manages by maintaining, storing and distributing stock owned by ministry contract holders as per each request. Some ministries hold several contracts each with its own contact name. Please call our managed inventory staff for information at 250-952-4460.
How can I order MIU stock?
MIU Stock can be ordered by email or fax. The following information must be included on the fax: contact name and phone number, address information, the material description and quantity.
Who delivers Managed Inventory and how long for delivery?
BC Mail is responsible for most ministry contract holders’ delivery needs. If the product is in stock, your order will be delivered within 2-5 working days. If a RUSH is required, a courier is used. Please contact our main switchboard for managed inventory assistance at 250-952-4460.
What are the costs associated with Managed Inventory (MIU)?
There is no cost to the individual customer ordering and receiving managed stock. The ministry who owns the stock pays for this service. Costs associated with the storage, maintenance, and distribution of each contract holder’s inventory can be found on a Service Rate Sheet. This rate sheet will also breakdown any additional costs related to inventory needs and stock owner special requests. To get a copy of your Service Rate Sheet, please call our office at (250) 952-4460.
How do we keep track of MIU stock (back orders)?
We send the Ministry contact (MIU stock owner) a stock status report, generated by our inventory management system once a month (or upon request) which states how much stock they have available. If a stocked item is on back order it’s up to the stock owner to send the warehouse more stock. Once the stock is replenished our warehouse will then distribute it out to any orders that were on back order.
For more information on our services, please Contact us at